Dedicated to my wife…

Read on to know what happens to men who marry in India

Do people get justice in courts?

Posted by iluvshrutiverma on December 30, 2008

With 2.94 crore cases pending in the Indian courts, can people really expect to get a justice during their lifetime?

12/29/2008
http://www.indlawnews.com/Newsdisplay.aspx?b294f581 -f66f-459c-affb-c0518a3caf82

Supreme Court Judge S B Sinha said as many as 2.94 crore cases, including petty cases, were pending with the court till date.

Addressing a two-day inauguration meeting on the legal awareness programme on mediation, human rights and social development for judicial officers organised by A P State Legal Services Authority, Chittoor district Legal Services Authority in collaboration with the Department of Human Rights and Social Development (S V University),
the Justice said all the pending cases will be disposed by 2020 and the awareness training attended by judges from Andhra Pradesh will be useful to settle the cases early at regional level instead of the Supreme Court.

There is no civil courts in America and having only criminal courts but whereas 70 per cent of the cases belongs to civil and remaining 30 per cent are criminal and others are registering at various courts in the country while some of the cases including family cases can be settled at their village level itself with the assistance of police, he added.

All necessary steps have been taken to settle the cases through mobile courts in Andhra Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh High Court Chief Justice Anil Ramesh Dave said .

Among those who participated in the inaugural meeting were Andhra Pradesh High Court Judge and Chairperson of A P State Legal Services Authority Justice Meenakumari, APHLSC Chairman Justice D S R Varma and all District Judges of Andhra Pradesh.

UNI

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: